Health & Safety and Security are key at Ferrovial. In complex large-scale building sites it is critical to set up secure access control and operational monitoring systems with real-time response to minimise H&S risks. Ferrovial is looking for innovators to leverage the capabilities of 5G for the following use cases.
- Flexible perimeter control and access monitoring systems for workers and vehicles
- Real-time operational tracking and warning systems to ensure worker safety
Currently different solutions are used including CCTV, sensors, wearables, as well as manual certification, but the turnaround is not in real-time and the system cannot be moved easily from one site to another. Ferrovial would be looking for devices and solutions that provides wireless and touchless verification and control, potentially leveraging mobile edge computer and computer vision, and real-time monitoring and response enabled by 5G to:
- Check workers have the correct authorisation and PPE to enter the site, including entrance to high-risk areas and designated walkways, as well as to operate specific machinery.
- Check vehicles or delivery trucks have the correct authorisation before entering the site, and following designated routes.
- Ensure worker’s safe distance to machinery and real-time near-miss detection.